Saturday, May 4, 2013
“ Dusheela Kaamavrutho va Dhanairva parivarjithaha
Sthreenam Aarthaswabhaavaanam paramam deivatham pathihi
Kimpunaryo gunaslagyaha saanukroshaha Jithendriyaha
Sthiraanuraago Dharmaathma Mathruvathpithruvathpriyaha”
A chaste woman is always focussed on serving her husband. Very noble women believe they serve their husband in this world and the outer. A wife shares in her husband’s happiness and sorrow. She consoles her husband in sorrow. As an example Sita comes along with Rama during his exile and serves him there too. She shares his sorrow.
Sri Rama sent away Bharatha with his paduka. After Bharatha left Rama also left Chitrakoota. Rama heard of the difficulties the sages were experiencing due to Kara and Dhushana. He left Chitrakuta with the aim of helping theses sages. He came to the ashrama of Athri who showered his affection on Rama. Anasuya happily welcomed Sita. Both were highly chaste women. Only a noble lady can truly undersatnad the high mindedness of another chaste woman. Hence Anasuya appreciated Sita’s chastity. Anasuya said “ whether a husband is of good character or not, whether he is rich or not he is truly a Lord for a wife. Your devotion towards your husband is truly appreciable. You followed him even in exile, thus she extole Sita.
Sita replied” Who will not love Rama? He is full of virtues. He is full of compassion. He has controlled his senses. He loves all. He is a righteous man. He loves me too. Who will not love such a person? “ Anasuya praised Sita for following Rama to the forest. Sita inturn surrenedered the praise too at the feet of Rama and said “ he is the reason for me being so’.
1) PROGRAM AT BANGALORE
DATE: 12TH MAY
VENUE: FORT HIGH SCHOOL GROUNDS
TOPIC: GAJENDRA MOKSHAM
TIME: 6.00 P.M
2) PROGRAM AT BANGALORE
DATE: 13TH MAY
VENUE: SRINIVASA TEMPLE, DEVAGIRI, BANASHANKARI
TOPIC: SRINIVASA VAIBHAVAM
3) PROGRAM AT SRIRANGAM
DATE: 16TH MAY, 17TH MAY
VENUE: GORATHA MULAI, NORTH CHITRA STREET
TOPIC: NARADA BHAKTHI SUTRAM
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE QUIZ
1) The answers to the quiz should be sent to the email firstname.lastname@example.org within 26th of each month.
2) Every month the answers will be evaluated and marks shall be given as points. These points shall get cumulatively added each month.
3) The highest score winner of the year ( April to March) will be awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes.
QUESTIONS FOR THE MONTH OF MAY 2013
1) “Thathchcha sadhorvibhushanam”—Which is an ornament for sadhus?
2) Parijatham fulfils the wishes of all. Likewise who else satisfies the desires of all?
3) What did samudraraja give to Lakshmi who arose from the ksheerabdi?
4) What is the colour of Lord Dhanvanthri?
5) The Lord punishes ( hit) Swarbhanu a) with His Hand b) with the spoon serving nectar
c)Severed his head with the sudarshana chakra.
ANSWERS FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL 2013
1) Thrikootam, ksheerabdi
2) Both the words refer to nimiththa karanam, upaadhana karanam. Brahmam represents both.
3) Arupaya- is Nirakara Bruhmam
Ururoopaya- Saakara Bruhmam
4) Garuda Bhagavan is Veda Swarupam
5) As Gajendra called out the words “ akila Karanaya, Aadimoolam( the primordial source)”, the Devas like Indra, Agni, Yama, Varuna hesitated to rescue the elephant as they wre not the origin of all. Henceforth Lord Narayana saved the elephant thus exhibiting the Vishnu parathva.
WINNERS FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL 2013
2) Radhakrishnan Ramamurthy-----I-----------------10
5) Radhika Venkatraman----------II------------------8
6) Srividya Krishnan---------------II------------------8
7) Srinivasan Sujatha--------------III-----------------6
There is a kshetra called Kadambavana ( uththamar kovil). It is to the north of Srirangam. There was a sage by name Kadamba rishi who did Cauvery snanam at the banks and did severe penance. He was engaged in Ashtaksshara japam. Once many sages came to the ashrama of Kadambamuni. Those sages included Athri, Chyavanar, vasishta, markandeya, Brugu, Marichi, Kashyapar, Kanvar, Yagnavalkyar,z, narada, Vishwamithra, Gowthamar, Daththathreya, Sukar, Parasara etc. They were engaged in the discussion of the parathathva. Kadamba muni addressed this august gathering “ may you all research the Vedas, smruthis, shastras and come to a conclusion regarding the parabruhma.
Brahma said “ since the Vedas sing sukthas on all Devathas like Indra, Yama, Vishnu, Siva it is difficult to come to a conclusion regarding the nature of Parathathva.
Yagnavalkya said “ The Lord is one. The devathas are but angas ( parts) of this one Lord. He is formless and nameless. He is immortal . Hence he is aksharaswarupa.
Vyasa said” The Vedas definitely extol narayana as the supreme Being. Other Devas are but forms of this Narayana.
Markandeya says ‘ I doubt it. I feel the mumoorthy ( Bruhma, Vishnu and Siva) are all parathathvas.
Brugu says “ Creation, sustenance and destruction are carried out by one and the same Lord . The Vedas talk of the creation of Bruhma. Shathapadabrahmanam talks of creation of Siva. But there is no creation of Vishnu being spoken about. Hence He is the primordial energy.
Athri says “ Why waste our time over arguments ? Lets do penance here wishing to see the Lord who is the source of all.
All of them thus sat for penance along with Kadamba muni. The Lord appeared along with Bruhma and Siva.
Kadamba Muni says “ Oh Lords, please tell me who is the Best ( uththaman) among the three of you and please tell me your specialities. Then Bruhma and Siva extolled the transcendental qualities of the Lord and Narayana too spoke high of Brahma and Siva. Narayana said ‘ Those who differentiate between us and think low of any one of us is indeed a lowly person. I reside in the heart of Siva and Bruhma. Even the devathas get high posts only because of Brahma’s mercy. Siva on the other hand is the controller of mruthyu ( death) and has conqured th inconquerable Kama ( lust). Thus all of them have their own specialities. Brahma then said “ Of course yes. But I, Brahma have been born out of His nabhi and Siva , out of my mukha. But Vishnu does not have an origin. He is the moola vasthu and giver of moksha. Hence He is Purushothama.”
Thus it was concluded that Vishnu is Purushothathama, the Uthama of all. Those who worship Him in Karambanur beget moksha.