Friday, January 8, 2010

KSHETRA FOR THE MONTH OF JAN 2010

SRIRANGAM PART XII

Thayar- Ranganayaki is found below a Sriphala tree ( Bilva tree). That is why in her archana we extol her as “ Namami Bilvanilayam) .The Lord has 8 Lakshmis along with him ;

1) Periya Piratti- Lordess Ranganayaki

2) Uraiyur lakshmi

3) Karuvula Nachiar- the daughter of Pandya King

4) Sengamalavalli Thayar

5) Maragathavalli Thayar

6) Serakulavalli Nachiar

7) Sultan Sundari

8) Andal

Lord Ranganatha gives all blessings on His devotees. It was He who bestowed Santanu with a child ( the great Bheeshma). It was the Lord who got Arjuna married to Subadra. Santanu and Arjuna stayed at Srirangam and also incidentally built mandapams for the Lord. Till date the mandapams are known by their names as Santhanu mandapam and Arjuna mandapam. Those who worship even in the direction of Srirangam are sure to attain prosperity .”Pranipathya na seedathi”. Those who worship Lord ranganatha will get wealth, progeny, peace and prosperity. The azhwar says “ Thuppudayarai”- I surrender at your feet Oh Lord. May you take me into Your abode when I breathe my last. I do not know if I will utter your name when my end nears. Hence I seek your help right now . When that moment arrives You should arrive and take me at your feet.

Those who surrender so at His feet, those who read the Ranga Mahathmyam are sure to attain moksha when the right time arrives.

Na draavidasamo desho na Kavveri samaa nadi

Na Srirangasamam kshetram sathyam sathyam vadamyaham

There is no desham such as Draavida desham, there is no better river than Kaveri, no kshetra can equal Srirangam and none to parallel Lord Ranganatha. This is the truth, the truth and nothing but the truth.

End of Ranga Mahathmyam


No comments: