Wednesday, October 3, 2012

SLOKA OF THE MONTH- OCTOBER 2012



“ Na cha Seeta tvaya  heena  na  caahamapi Raghava
Muhurtamapi  Jeevavo  Jalaanmatsyaavivodhrutou
Na Hi taatam na Shatrugnam Na Sumithraam Parantapa
Drashtumicheyamadyaaham Swargam vapi Thvayaa Vina”

The Rama Bhakthi of all characters in the Ramayana is praiseworthy. So is Lakshmana swamy’s devotion to Rama.  Sri Valmiki beautifully describes Lakshmana’s virtuosity, vairagya, devotion to his father, love towards his brothers, valour and much more. When Rama went to the forest Lakshmana followed suit so as to serve him throughout the 14 year exile. This is enough proof for his devotion, sacrificing mentality and righteousness.
                  Sri Rama entered  a dense forest having left the citizens of Ayodhya at the banks of river Thamasa and having blessed Guha. He stayed there that night in the impenetrable, dark forest. That night he spoke to Lakshmana “ My Dearest lakshmana, May you go back to Ayodhya. You shall not suffer in this opaque , thick forest region for 14 full years. My mother, Kousalya would be in tears having parted from me. Go, console her and take good care of our father. Coronate Bharatha.I shall return after my exile period is completed. Do not grieve.” At once Lakshmana fell at the feet of Rama and sought his refuge. He said “ Just as a fish dies as soon as it comes out of the waters so shall Seetha Devi and me die without you. I do not wish to see father or mother or Shatrugna without you. Infact I do not desire even Swarga without you.

No comments: