Friday, September 4, 2009

SHLOKA FOR THE MONTH SEP 2009

Bhaktham Pathivratham deenam mam samam sukhadukhayoho

Nethumarhasi Kakuthstha Samansukhadukheneem

Seetha Devi is the ideal for every woman to follow. Valmiki says” Sahadarmachari thava”. Dharama is of 2 types. They are Samanyadarmam and Bhagavathadarmam. Sree Rama showed both types of Dharmam. Seetha followed suit. Sri Rama never let down his refugees. Seetha Devi too protected even those who prostrated or even fell at her feet like a stick at her sanctum sanctorium. Sri Rama kept his father’s vow by going to the forest. Thus he was a staunch follower of samanya dharma. Seetha Devi accompanied him to the forest, served her husband and thus followed Sri Rama’s path of Dharma.

Sri Rama was a little hesistant to take Seetha along with him to the forest. He felt that she should not suffer the miseries of forest life. He hence asked her to stay at Ayodhya for the next 14 years. Devi refused. She requested him instead to take her along with him. “ Am I not your devotee? Am I not your beloved? Can I ever stay even for a second parted from you? I do not fear the rakshasas or wild animals of the forest. Arent you there to protect me from all kinds of dangers? Your taps of brahmacharyam will never be disturbed by me. Am I not a chaste wife?A chaste wife always has an equal share in her husband’s suffereings and happiness. Can a woman ever be called a pathivratha if she lives along with her husband during times of happiness and leaves him away during Dire straits. Will I ever lie down on a bed of roses when you shall sleep on the naked floor? Will I ever eat delicacies while you partake of fruits and roots in the forest?Will I ever decorate myself with grandeur while you cover yourself with the tree’s bark? Will I ever listen to the music of veena while your ears hear the piercing sound of animals?Will I ever walk on a carpet of flowers when your feet are worn due to to thorns and stones? I will instead walk in front of you sweeping the ground of such stones and thorns. I shall not leave you alone to the forest. Savithri brought back her husband Sathyavan from Yamadharma raja by her chastity.Iam like that Savithri. As Iam your devotte, achaste wife and your faithful follower may you take me along with you to the forest.



No comments: