Friday, October 2, 2009

KSHETRA FOR THE MONTH OF OCT 2009

SRI RANGAM PART IX

Dasartha was taken aback. “ Dharmavarma, You are asking for my kuladeiva who is my Kuladana. I have no right to give Him to you. Iam ready to give you anything, my kingdom, wealth, my children, my life life inclusive but not Ranganatha who is more than my life. He is not my property that I may give Him to you. Instead it is me who is His property.”

Dharmavarma stood there in despair. He came back to his chozharajyam but his heart was at Ayodhya. He gave his kingdom to his sons to rule. He went to the forest for tapas. At the banks of Chandrapushkarani he does his tapas. Now 11000 years have passed. Rama gives Lord Ranganatha to Vibheeshana who carries Him through the skies. Can Rama alone have the right to give the Lord when Dasaratha refused. Sri Anna answers Dasaratha had no right because he was a devotee but Rama is not a devotee but svayam Bhagavan Himself. One has the right to give himself to anyone isn’t it?

Ramar disappears as he enters the Sarayu river.. Vibheeshana as he flies through the skies now sees the town of Sriranagam. Captivated by its beauty he keeps the Lord along with the vimana down under the shade of a Punnaga tree.

Vibheeshana goes for a bath at the Cauvery. Here Dharmavarma after 11000 years, opens his eyes and Lo he sees the Rangavimana in front of him. Is this a dream or a Magic. Is my tapas fruitful. Has this Rangavimana come of its own accord or is it possible that some Deva has brought it here? In ectasy Dharmavarma does pooja to the Lord, shows dhoopa, deepa, does archana with 1008 lotus. He dances and sings in overwhelming joy.

Now comes our Vibheeshana. What happens between the two. Do they fight and quarrel for the Lord? How does the Lord console them both

( look up for the next month kshetra part)


No comments: