Wednesday, February 10, 2010

SHLOKA OF THE MONTH FEB 2010


Adya Yazhnasamrudhirme saphala devathaihi krutha

Adyayazhnaphalam praptham Bhagavathdarshanaanmaya

Dhanyosmyanugruhitosmi yasya me munipungava

Yazhnopasadanam Bruhman prapthosi Munibhisaha

It is indeed difficult to be born as a human. More so to be blessed with a long life.To beget a healthy body is indeed more difficult. One may get all the above but not the opportunity to meet a saint and associate himself with satsangh.It is by the compassion of the Lord that one is able to meet a saintly person.Those who understand the glory and value of such saints consider their lives to be fruitful.Parikshit was blessed with the darshan of Suka.Immedaitely Parikshit said “ The Lord has been very compassionate towards me. He loves me. It is because of this reason that Iam able to see you.Bali Chakravarthy welcomes Lord Vamana with the following words” My anscestors must be pleased by your presence here. My kula has been sanctified. Dasaratha welcomed Vishwamithra who arrived at Ayodhya “ Your arrival is like nectar to me.” Thus in many puranas the glory of the saints has been expressed.The above slokas are those words uttered by Janaka on seeing Vishwamithra.

Vishwamithra arrives the Yagashala ofJanaka along with hundreds of saints and Rama and Lakshman. Janaka’s joy knew no bounds on seeing him.If a good deed is to be fruitful it is signified by the arrival of a Godly person.Vishwamithra, a Brahmarishi and Rama, Lakshmana- Avathara purushas arrived along with hundereds of sadhus which gave immense peace to Janaka. Janaka says” I consider that my yaga is complete and my karma is fruitful by your arrival at this yagashala.Iam blessed by your presence.”


No comments: