Friday, April 3, 2009

KSHETRA FOR THE MONTH APRIL 2009

SRI RANGAM PART V

RANGA GITA

Sri Ranganatha continues : “Lakhs of families earn their livelihood with my temple as their means”. Besides their earning they get immense peace of mind as they attribute their service to me. Faith in me can perform the most unimaginable miracles. It can even cure the most incurable disease in the world. I assume the form of archa for the sake of my devotees. Iam decked with jewels and I am celebrated in various uthsavams for the bliss of my devotees. My temple is a feast for all my devotees. It is joy for their eyes, ears, nose, mouth, tongue and mind. This is not just sensual pleasure however, as Iam involved it alleviates maya.

As the Lord says in the Ranga Gita even today Srirangam is always filled with uthsavams as follows:

1) Thai uthsavam in the month of Jan-Feb

2) Masi theppothsavam ( Feb- Mar)

3) Panguni Serthi uthsavam ( Mar- April)

4) Chitra thirunal- Brahmothsavam ( April- May)

5) Vaikashi vasanthothsavam ( May- June)

6) Poochaththu uthsavam

7) Jyeshtabhishekam ( July-Aug)

8) Pavithrothsavam

9) Navarathri uthsavam- Purattasi ( Sep-Oct)

10) Iyppasi Dolothsavam ( Oct- Nov)

11) Thirukarthikka uthsavam ( Nov-Dec)

12) Adhyanothsavam- Rapaththu, pagal paththu ( Dec- Jan)

13) Vaikunta Ekadesi uthsavam

Thus the whole year is filled with uthsavams. Here one might be a little speculative. Whereas in other religions places of worship are always calm and serene, in Hindu religion why is there pomp and show, noise and jubiliation? Sri Anna answers: In the Hindu Dharma temples are not meant for meditation, but for celebration. Meditative atmosphere is readily available in forest caves. Those who can control their mind and sense organs can very well do so at their very homes. People throng to the temples because they are unable to control their senses. The Lord says “ Come Oh Devotees, to me. If you are unable to control your eyes worry not, let them be free to see Me adorned with jewels and lustrous garments. Let them see me in different vahanas ( vehicles) in procession. If your nose asks for fragrance let them smell my tulasi garlands and incense sticks. If your ears throng for pleasant sounds let them hear songs in praise of me.. Thus the same senses which push us down to maya can be redirected towards the Lord to win over it. This is the master plan of the All Knowing Master.

To be continued.



No comments: