Thursday, April 30, 2009

KSHETRA FOR THE MONTH MAY 2009

SRI RANGAM PART IV

RANGA GITA (continues)

SriRanganathar then continues :

“I shall now tell you the Poojapaddathi to worship me.

1) Prabodanam:One should get up early in the morning chanting my divine names. With a pure heart and clear mind as the cuckoos coo and the cool breeze blows he has to conduct the morning prabhodana.

“ Kadiravan guna disai”- the azhwar recites as ordered by the Lord. Even today the Lord is awakened with veena nadam, a horse, elephant and cow wait before the King of all Kings- Rangaraja. A king is supposed to be awakened with all these mangala dravayas.

1) Neivedyam: Then he should go on to give me milk, fruitsetc. He should do so with utmost love and not as an ordeal duty. Thyagaraja Swami says “Aragimpave”. Nadadur Ammal , a great devotee of Kanchi Varadan on one day offered to the Lord milk as usual. After the offering when he happened to look at the milk there was a dirt floating on it. He was horrored and begged the Lord’s forgiveness. The Lord consoled him thus: “ Oh Nadadur ammal, worry not. If this dust remains in your pot of milk may you note that I have not consumed it. I have partaken the clear milk and your blemishless heart.” Thus should a devotee offer his food with devotion.

2) Thirumanjanam: As does a mother bathe her child so should the priest conduct my Divine Bath. They should with sincerity perform my abhishekam with milk, curd, panchamrutham, sugarcane juice, honey etc.Every abhisheka has its own phalasruthi ( fruits). If honey is poured on the Lord the offerer gets a sweet voice.

3) Flowers and other offerings: He then has to drees me up with clean garments, beautiful ornaments, flowers, sandal paste. Periyazhwar, Koorathazhwar, Ananthazhawr, Tondaradipodi azhwar offered flowers to the Lord.

Those who enter my garbagruha will not enter garbavasa.

Those who offer grains so that the poor may feed at the temple will be blessed with prosperity for generations together.Those who see my kalyanauthsavams will get their heirs married soon. Thus they will be blessed with all prosperity and peace.

No comments: