Wednesday, October 30, 2013

SLOKA FOR THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER 2013


“ Bhavagnena Kruthagyena Dharmagyena cha Lakshmana
Thvaya Puthrena Dharmathma Na Samvruththaha Pitha Mama”

Those who are service minded have service as the means and end. They never fail to serve others for any reason. Devotees serve the Lord always. If they attain Vaikunta they serve Paramapadanatha, else they serve the Lord at Divyadeshas.
                         In the Avathara of Rama, Lakshmana seems to have been really service minded. He served Rama at all times, in all places and in all possible ways. He came along with Rama only to serve him in the forest. In the forest he served Rama by
a)      Making a boat to cross the river
b)      Keeping a watch over the surroundings when Rama slept
c)       Plucking fruits and vegetables for food
d)      Building a hermitage for Ram ato reside
e)      Massaging Rama’s feet
f)       Looking after Seetha if Rama went outside
g)      Pacifying Rama on his loss of Seetha
And more and more.


When Rama came to Panchavati, Lakshmana built a beautiful ashram for him. Rama was overwhelmed by it. He said to Lakshmana “ You serve me knowing me well. You always do what is right. I can feel a father’s love in all this. I feel as if  father Dasaratha is taking care of me.  Bharatha informed me at Chitrakoota that father was dead. I was the most affected then. I felt I was there to look after all of you, but I had no one to look after me.. Now I have no regrets. I feel father has come in your form..” Thus saying Rama hugged Lakshmana with pervasive love.

No comments: